Monday, March 2, 2009

The Chair is Here!



We got the chair, blinds, and drapes on Saturday. It is a huge relief to have all the big stuff done. Now I just need to make up my mind on where to hang some decorations. Robert and I both love how everything has turned out. I am definitely more excited about the chair then I thought I would be. I just wasn't sure if we needed a second rocking chair. Now that it is in her room, I am so glad that we have it! It is very comfy. Robert and I have both found ourselves just sitting in it thinking not much longer until Emma will be here.
Everything else is going well. Not too much too report on. We are currently filling out our hospital paper work and talking to pediatricians. We are both ready for the weather to get hot and stay hot. Not so much because we love the warm weather, but because we love those summer pay checks an Arizona A/C tech gets!
My work is going well. With the economy and state budget cuts, the hospital now has a hiring freeze and can't have on-call/fill-in staff anymore. So it makes for busy days, but at least we aren't facing lay offs.
The parents of a former patient of mine (that I have known for the past five years) is getting married on Saturday. So we have the wedding to look forward to, plus we will take her and her sister home with us early from the wedding and the girls will spend the night. I will take some pictures from the wedding and post a belly picture! But be prepared, the belly is getting big!!!!

2 comments:

Jessica B said...

The furniture looks great! I can't wait to see it in person.

Shelly said...

Kari, your room really looks great. I can just picture your little Emma in there. I think you'll be glad you got the rocker. It makes it so nice to have it right in her room and rock her to sleep in the quiet. Love you Shelly