Monday, March 16, 2009

Just Some Updates

Everything looked great at our last doctor's appointment. I am measuring perfectly for how far along I am. The doctor thinks she felt Emma's head pointing down so as long as she stays this way we won't have to worry about her being breech. The doctor thinks I am also having some Braxton Hicks contractions, but there is no need to worry about anything. Robert also thinks that my belly looks lower, so maybe Emma will surprise us and come a little early. She already is setting her own schedule! We are on our 2 week schedule now, so I will go back next week and check out things again.
On Friday we had our annual Arizona Child Life Conference. My good friend Jessica plays a big role in getting this planned every year, and as usual, it was a great conference. The only thing was my first session was not quite what I had expected. The title of it was "helping the bereaved family". Unfortunately working with the population of kids that I work with, end of life issues comes up more often than I would like. So I thought this would be a good session for me to take, plus, I have taken many bereavement classes in the past so I wasn't worried. Well, little did I know, the teacher was actually a Labor and Delivery nurse and all of her examples and stories were about full term babies that didn't make it through delivery for one reason or another, or babies that were 38 weeks along that died due to a knot in the cord. Needless to say, I cried through out the whole session. I know, I know, these things are not common, but it wasn't the best session for a pregnant girl to be in!
The rest of the weekend was spent doing things around the house and relaxing. It is the last weekend we have in awhile where nothing is going on. Robert worked on the yard, while I did some laundry and started on Jessica's baby shower invitations. Sunday, I didn't feel the best, so the majority of the day for me was spent on the couch. It looks like Robert is going fishing on Thursday so I think that is reason enough for me to do some shopping after work!

1 comment:

k and j said...

Sounds like things are going great! Yayy for her being head down, now stay that way Emma! I hope that nursing works out for you because it is amaaaaaazing. I lost all of my weight and then some just by nursing :) Plus, it is fun and so good for baby. BUT I have a friend who nursed her first 2 and her last baby has had major issues with it. You just never know! Some babies are just not into it or good at it! But give it a shot!