Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cooking, A Wedding, and Babysitting

So the week started off with a cooking disaster. No, I didn't burn the house down, but I did manage to burn my face. We were having tacos, which is nothing new. And they taste so much better if you fry the taco shells yourself, so again, frying taco shells was nothing new. Tacos have become a big deal at our house ever since I found a new recipe for shredded meat. The meat is so good, plus it cooks in the crock pot, so it is pretty simple to make. Both Robert and I were looking forward to a good dinner. I was frying my second taco when the grease popped and went straight to my face. By the looks of it, the burn blistered and popped right away. So now I have this not so pretty looking raw/round gash on my cheek. I am hoping it goes away fairly quickly. I don't think we will be frying taco shells again anytime soon!
Saturday night we went to Jenn's wedding and took the girls home after. It was a great wedding and we had fun playing polly pockets and coloring with the girls today. Here is a picture of the girls walking down the aisle, but for some reason, I don't have a picture of Jenn in her dress.



And as promised...here is my 31 week picture. You can kind of see the start of the burn on my cheek....

Everything is still going great. We just can't believe how quickly the time is going. Emma moves around all the time. She is even starting to "dig" under my rib cage as she goes across my belly. This isn't the most comfortable of feelings, but I am sure if I was squished up in the same place, I would be trying to get more room also. I have a breast feeding class tomorrow and I'm hoping after this class, I feel a little more comfortable and confident about the whole process. We are gearing up for what is going to be a busy next couple of months. Between birthday parties, baby showers, good bye parties, birthing classes, ob appointments now at every two weeks, and all the little things to do before Emma gets here, we are looking at some busy weeks ahead!

2 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Wow Kari...I can't believe that you are already 31 weeks! You look great. You will be blown away how big your baby (and your belly) grows in the next few weeks! I am so excited for you and Robert. Your nursery looks darling too!

k and j said...

You look amaaaaaaaaaaazing girl!! I am so excited for Emma to get here :) Be sure to post your birth story on your blog because I LOVE birth stories!! They are the best!