Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Good Bye Party and Dinner

This week, my friend Jamie will be packing up her bags and heading to Africa for about the next year. Jamie came to Phoenix from Oklahoma for her Child Life Internship. She was actually my first Intern! After she completed her internship, she decided to accept a job at Phoenix Children's and not long after that, we moved her up to the 2nd floor with me. I couldn't have asked for a better person to work on the floor with.
Jamie will start in South Africa where she will be helping to develop a Child Life program in one of their hospitals. From the stories she has heard, she is definitely needed! I guess the nurses will hit the patients with scissors if they aren't behaving! After she works in the hospital she will head off to Mercy Ships where she will live on a boat that gives access to medical care to the poorest of the poor. This is an amazing opportunity for Jamie and even though I am sad to see her go, I am so excited for her. Luckily she has started her own blog so we can keep up with her and her adventures in Africa!
On Saturday Cathy and Cassie had a going away party for Jamie in her favorite theme of red, white, and blue. I'm sure Jamie will be teaching the kids in Africa some patriotic songs while she is there!



Then on Monday night, Jessica, Jenni, Jamie, and I went for dinner. The four of us try to get together every so often and we usually end up at a restaurant that has sweet potato fries! This time we went for something new. We went to Chelsea's Kitchen and it was pretty good. They have a little bit of everything from tacos to burgers to fried chicken. I would recommend their nachos and mac-and-cheese. Quite a combination, I know, but they were both so yummy! Maybe this is one of those weird pregnancy food combinations!


This is the necklace that the 3 of us got for her. We were able to custom design it through Lisa Leonard. She has a lot of different options for jewelry and you can customize just about everything.
It has been a fun couple of days, but a little sad also. Jamie you are a great friend and you are going to do great things in Africa!

3 comments:

k and j said...

You look great of course! Dang, you are one of those that stays skinny everywhere but your belly!! I am jealous. Okay, where did you get your white top? It's darling!

Jessica B said...

I was going to ask where you got that white top too :) You always complain about how you look in pictures but you look awesome in that picture of you and Jamie. No complaints from you little missy :)

Kari said...

Ok...so that is ONE picture this entire pregnancy that I don't hate! I found that top at Old Navy a couple of months ago on clearance...but they haven't gotten anything new, so you could still be able to find it!