Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!
















We have had a low key week, which has been very nice.  Since the weather got so cold on us, Robert was pretty busy with work, so for the most part, it was just us girls. 
I did get my LLC status for Kari Green Photography this past week, so that was pretty exciting.  I have created a Facebook fan page and made the official announcement that I am open, so I guess there is no turning back now!  My plan is still to go somewhat slow, only doing a handful of sessions each month.  So I don't really plan on doing a lot of advertising right away.  With how quickly time goes, Emma will be in school before I know it, and I still want to be able to enjoy being home with her.  Once she is in school, then it will be a different story!
For Christmas, my mom got me The Pioneer Woman's cook book.  I love it.  I think I have looked through it at least once a day since I have gotten it.  She has photos of every recipe, plus step by step photos to follow along with.  All of the food looks AMAZING.  And she is very upfront with saying that her food isn't diet friendly.  She lives on a ranch, and her husband and kids work on the ranch everyday.  They will not settle for a salad for dinner!  My plan is to to cook one thing each week from it until I have made my way through the book.  The first thing I made was the chili.  We had it New Year's Eve.
















It was good, and I will definitely make it again.  I grew up with a very tomato based chili, and this chili isn't.  So that was a little different for me, but still very good.  She had some optional ingredients, and I basically added them all.  I think next time I will just add the kidney beans and leave out the pinto beans!  The cook book is going to wind up costing me a little bit of money.  Every time I look at it, I find another kitchen gadget/pot I just HAVE to have!  I will make a small blog post each week with what I cooked!

Our New Year's Eve was like our week.  Very quite and relaxed.  I had big plans of watching movies with popcorn and wine after Emma went to bed, but I have to admit, I feel asleep in the chair not long after we tucked her in.  Robert did wake me up in time to see the ball drop.
I am not one that is big on New Year's resolutions.  But there are some things that I want to accomplish this year.  One of them of course being is getting my business going.  A couple of the others include things around the house.  When we first bought the house, or plan wasn't to stay in it for much more then 3-5 years.  So I really didn't see the need to do any major changes.  Like everyone else, our house has lost so much value, I am not sure when we will be able to sale it.  So since it looks like we are going to be staying here a little longer, it is time to do some work! My first project is our bedroom.  Nothing big, just some changes.  I am hoping to get that done plus redo our picture wall in the family room by Emma's birthday.  The next project might be adding some back splash to the kitchen.  The idea just hit me, so I haven't even priced it or anything.  I am thinking it would be a good project for me to do this summer when Robert is working his really late hours.
We expect this year to be one of changes.  I will own my own business for the first time, doing something completely different then I ever thought I would; Robert will have some big changes within his job and the direction he is going; decisions about having another baby will be made; and Emma will be in her two's - potty training, more testing and independence, and possibly becoming a big sister.  This next year should be exciting!  Hope you will continue to read about it!
Here are just a couple more photos from the last couple of days.



1 comment:

k and j said...

emma needs to be a big sister!! ;)