Thursday, April 23, 2009

37 Week Appointment

Hey everyone! I had my 37 (almost 38) week appointment today. The verdict is that I am not dilated, 50% effaced, and Emma was at a -1 (0 is when she is level with my pelvis). So there is still no clear answer as to how close we are getting, but at leased there is some progress and she is moving lower!
They also told me that they would let me go 41 weeks before they would induce. I explained to them my concern of her being a big baby. Robert, myself, and our brother and sister all were 8lbs 6 ounces - 9lbs, 22 inch long babies. I am worried that if I go late, Emma could be a 10lb baby! The doctor seems to think that right now she is somewhere between the 6-7lb range and we shouldn't worry about having a 9-10lb baby! I know these measurements can be off, so I guess we will just have to wait and see.
The only other thing I was concerned about was that I measured the same as I did last week. (36 cm.) I'm hoping this is more of error in measurement and not that she has stopped growing. The doctor didn't seem to be too concerned about it and said that if I measure the same again next week, they will probably do an ultrasound to try and get a better idea of how big she is and what is going on. So I am anxiously awaiting our next appointment on Thursday!

2 comments:

Jessica B said...

I'm glad your appointment went well. I am praying (for your sake) that you don't have a 9 or 10pound baby :) It doesn't sound like you have to worry about it too much. Have a great Friday and I will see you on Saturday!

k and j said...

FUN! 50% effaced is GOOD. Yayy! No biggie about the dilation :) I am sure she will be a good size. Griff was tooooooo big for me but I got him out...after 3 hours of pushing! BUT I have a weird pelvis I guess so no worries! Hang in there, you are sooo close :)