Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A New Adventure



Many of you know that I have always had an interest in photography. Since Robert got me my camera for Christmas, I have been taking classes, and reading anything and everything to try and teach myself not only how to use my camera, but also how to take better pictures. Sunday was kind of my first real test.
Up to this point, Emma has been who I have been practicing on. And let's face it. I have "mom eyes". I liked every picture because it had my baby in it. On Sunday, my friend, Lori, was nice enough to let me come and practice taking some newborn pictures on her little guy. I dragged Jessica along with me for moral support as well as to get her ideas for posing. Daniel was only a week old and as sweet as could be. When we first got there, he decided that he didn't want to sleep. An hour into the session, I just didn't feel that I had gotten any "good" pictures and thought for sure I was in over my head. Then it happened. He finally went to sleep and I was able to get my pictures.
While I was editing the pictures, I would get this excited feeling, and couldn't wait for Lori to see them. I knew then that yes, this was something that I wanted to do. I am going to give myself about another year before I make the plunge to go into full business mode. Emma is still young, and I want to enjoy every minute I have with her at home before she starts school. The time needed to start a business is just not something I am willing to do right now. Plus, as you will see from the pictures, I still have a lot to learn. So I will take this next year, continue to learn, practice, portfolio build, and read up on starting a small business in Arizona.
But before all that happens, Lori needed a place where she could show the pictures to her family and friends. So I created another blog that is nothing but pictures. Feel free to check it out HERE. It probably won't be updated very often, but I will let you know when there are more pictures to see!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Kari!
Way to go! I love your pics...and you had a perfect model : )
I am really proud of you and your talent. Good luck!
Jenni