Friday, April 2, 2010

A Recent Find


As many of you know, when I got my new camera for Christmas, I was on a mission to learn how to use it and to take better pictures. I didn't want my new fancy camera to turn into a really expensive point and shoot! On my quest to learn as much as I can, I stumbled across the website Clickin' Moms. I have to admit, it was very over whelming at first. But the more I have looked at it, the more I love it! You do have to become a member, and it is $50 for the year, or $30 for 6 months. The members range from people just starting out like me, on up to professional photographers and instructors. They have lots of forums that have tons of information about anything and everything. They have vendors that have been approved and sell their stuff at a discount just for members. (I don't need this yet, but maybe someday!)
They also have a spot where you can submit photos and ask for critique. I have learned a lot just from doing this alone. The other thing I really like about it, is since I am trying to teach myself, I have some place that I can ask questions at any time instead of having to wait for the next workshop that I can do. The answers are great and I have never felt intimidated.
If you have any interest, I strongly recommend it! I also have a button that is a link on the right.
Doesn't Emma make the cutest little model for all of my practicing?!

No comments: