Monday, June 1, 2009

3 Weeks



It is hard to believe that Emma Grace is already 3 weeks old. Next week we will have a 1 month old! Time is already moving so quickly.
Things are going well. We have had many visits from grandparents and great grandparents. We love it. It is so nice to have them close by. My mom has even decided that starting at the end of this month, she wants to take her for an over night stay once a month for Robert and I to have a date night, or even just spend a night at home. She is such a good baby, we have no reason to complain at all, but the thought of us being able to eat dinner (slowly) together and even go to bed together is a welcome one!
We have added a morning walk to our routine. It is nice to be outside, and Emma seems to enjoy being in her stroller. The only hard thing is that it gets so hot so early, we need to make sure we are ready and out the door before 8am!
She has also decided that she would much rather sleep with one of us holding her instead of in her crib. This has lead to one of us sleeping with her on the couch or in the recliner. One of the goals for this week is to get her to start sleeping in her crib. That is currently where she is now, and it only took all morning of her fighting it before she didn't wake herself up! She also seems to be fighting sleep. She will get fussy and fidgety when she gets tired and just before she falls asleep. She already is afraid of missing out on things!
My other goal for this week was for me to be able to take a shower without having to wait for Robert to get home. When Emma is awake, she doesn't want to be any where except in my arms. I am hoping when she gets a little bigger she will enjoy her swing and bouncy seat a little more and we won't have this issue anymore. When we got home from our walk this morning, I decided I would keep her in her stroller and roll her right into our bedroom. The only successful thing about my shower is that I was able to get in and get wet. Not 5 minutes after I got in the shower she was already screaming! Oh well. We will keep trying!
We go back for her 1 month doctor's appointment next week. She is a good eater, so we are anxious to see how much she has grown.
I hear her starting to fuss. An hour in her bed is a start! Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

mombrackin said...

My darling baby granddaughter you are so precious.....

Grandma needs these pictures.

Love you all.

Grandma Brackin.

k and j said...

I have ZERO advice on the sleeping thing. Griff was ridiculously easy, I got lucky. I am terrified about this next little guy :/ I just nursed Griff laying down and we would both fall asleep nursing. I know co-sleeping is naughty but we did it, eeeek. Anyway, she is soooo darn pretty Kari. Good job!!