Friday, May 20, 2011

A Week of Doctors

Ok.  That title makes it sound like things are worse then they really are!  On Monday, Emma had her 2 year Doctor's appointment.  It started like any other, and then turned into an hour and a half visit!  First let me say that Emma DOESN'T like the Doctors!  She started crying from the moment of being weighed!  Second,  Emma looks great.  She got a finger stick to test her iron levels, and they came back perfect.  She weighs 26lbs (47%) and is 34.5 inches long (70%).  I knew from a previous appointment that she had a hard piece of wax in her ear.  Since March, we have doing over the counter drops nightly to try and loosen it.  I knew it hadn't come out, so I let her Doctor know that I wanted to get it out today.  The wax went from being hard to being super soft so they had to flush it out.  Emma of course didn't like it, but she did ok.  This is when things went down hill.  It turns out she has a horrible Ear Infection.  She hasn't had any signs of one, so this was a complete surprise.  Her ear has so much fluid in it that we have to come back in 3 weeks for her Doctor to look again.  She is already preparing us that she might have to refer us to an ENT and Emma may already have to get tubes!  I am just hoping that this ear infection isn't something that has been going on long term and has caused damage her ear.  But for now she is taking her medicine with no issues, and we will go back June 6 for a follow up.
Then today we headed to the lab for Emma to have some blood work done to check and see what her peanut allergy levels are doing.  I told her she needed to have a pokie in her arm and she did well until it was time to sit in the chair.  She of course cried, but the nurses were able to get the blood with only one poke so I was happy about that.  We go see her allergist June 8, so fingers crossed that her levels are trending down.
I was worried that the lab would get busy, so we went first thing this morning before breakfast.  The lab is down the street from the Olive Mill, so we stopped there for breakfast after.  Emma and I shared a waffle with strawberries and blueberries.  It was yummy, and it was so nice to sit outside, enjoy the weather, and take our time.

I am sure she is probably thinking "this doesn't look like my normal frozen waffle!

I think she liked it!

After breakfast, we walked around the mill, and then headed to Schnepf Farms to pick peaches!

Emma didn't enjoy picking peaches as much as I thought.  She was excited to hold the bag (she loves all bags and purses!), but the ground was not the smoothest and there were lots of stumbles and scraped knees.  I think this combined with getting poked, it was a little much for her.  So I held her and picked peaches. 
After we got home and I let the puppies outside, I turned around and this is what I saw.

She ate the whole peach!  She might not have liked the process, but she is enjoying the fresh, juicy peaches!

So I think that catches things up for the week.  No weekend plans expect for relaxing, and cleaning.  Last weekend I took Emma's and Sophia's 2 year old photos, so I will be working on those also.  They look cute so far!

1 comment:

Joseph and Cassie Herbst said...

all your photos are so nice! Hope Emma's ear gets better!