Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cutness and Mischievous

Before you read the rest of this post, you need to go HERE to Jessica's blog, to find out what happened last night!
That's right.  Emma managed to cover herself in Vaseline!  Jessica, Jenni, and I were enjoying some adult/girl talk while both girls were in Sophia's room.  Sophia has a whole bunch of toys and book in there, so it isn't unusual for the girls to play in there.  In fact, before dinner they were in there and when Jessica asked them what they were doing, they both answered "reading"!  I noticed it was a little too quite, and Emma has a habit of going through Sophia's changing table bins.  I figured I would walk in a see all the diaper wipes out of the box or something.  Boy was I wrong!
As you saw from Jessica's blog, we tried the egg wash, and by the time we got home, I knew that it didn't work.  This is how she looked when she woke up this morning.  (click on pic to make bigger)
















A lot of websites talked about using corn starch and clarifying shampoo, so into the tub we went.






















Nothing like a little corn starch!

Unfortunately, the first round didn't do much either.  People talked about the possibility of needing to do it a second time, so that was the plan.  We ran to the grocery store so I could get things for Emma's party, plus some other things to try on her hair.  When we got home, we did another round of the corn starch, clarifying shampoo, glycerin soap, baking soda mixed in her shampoo, and then just her shampoo by itself.  I am happy to say that we are finally getting somewhere!  I think we will repeat the above process one more time tonight and we should be good.  Good think I haven't cleaned that bathroom yet for her party!!

No comments: