Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sad News






















I have been putting off posting this, but I have also not been the best at answering emails, texts, phone calls this week, so I knew I needed to fill everyone in. 
Grandma headed back to the hospital last Wednesday due to some weakness in her arm and slurred speech.  We all decided that we were pretty much done with Desert Sam, so my Uncle took her to St Joe's/Barrows Neurological.  Her scans showed that she didn't have a stroke and that there was no new bleeding, but did show a couple of masses on her brain.  After further testing we found out that she has cancer.  The cancer has nothing to do with her brain bleed, but is what is causing her headaches.  Grandma had Breast Cancer 5 years ago, and it looks like it has come back and has already spread to several areas.
We have had some trouble getting to talk to the actual Oncologist, and have still not been able to have the official discussion of the findings, and hear their recommendations.  But we did get good news today that they are going to send her home, and we can meet with the oncologist in his office. 
We are all aware of what we are going to hear, but obviously it will still be hard.  I would assume that we should have an appointment some time in the next couple of weeks.
I don't think I will post about the actual appointment, but will keep everyone updated as things happen.

No comments: