Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Program at the Library

Tonight, the library put on a small Christmas program for the all the kids and their families.  The library is actually apart of a high school, so the students played a big part in the night.  The culinary class made ginger bread cookies and icing for decorating, and the choir sang Christmas Carols.  They also had a special pajama story time, but sadly we didn't stay for it.  It was getting late, and the library is a little ways from our house, so we needed to get home for dinner.
My big camera was getting to be a little much to carry around for these every day activities, so I bought a new point and shoot camera yesterday.  It is very hard to get use to after the speed of my big one!  As you can tell from the pictures, I think I need to read the manual and figure out what is going on with the focus and coloring!
You will also notice in the pictures that Emma is decorating a graham cracker.  Since we seem to be having some allergy issues, I have been very careful with what Emma eats.  I wasn't sure what all the ingredients where in ginger bread cookies, and sure enough, some recipes called for nutmeg.  Some of the websites I looked at, said that people with nut allergies are usually fine eating nutmeg, and others said to stay away.  So to be safe, I brought graham crackers.  When we got there, I asked the students if the cookies contained nuts, and they told me yes.  So I was glad that I brought them, and Emma didn't even notice the difference!


 Ready to go!

 Not sure what to think....
 But has no problem digging into the candy!

 Sam and her brothers came also.  They were all dressed in red.  Very cute!

The only thing that would have been nice if Emma had the ginger bread cookie, is it would have been easier to explain decorating it!  We could have put on eyes, nose, hair etc.

Sam's brother Jessi.  Doesn't he look thrilled to have his picture taken?
Jesse loved Emma and so badly wanted to be her buddy.  He kept trying to hold her hand and of course you know what Emma did!
 Watching the choir

And the famous attempt at getting a group picture!


No comments: