Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pictures and Sushi

On Monday my mom came over and we took Emma out for a "photo shoot". There were several locations we wanted to check out around our house, but time went by very quickly and Emma was ready for lunch, so we only made it to one stop. For the first one, I think they turned out ok. I was even able to take the camera off of automatic for one option! (Only 20 more options to go!) I learned some new things, and thought of other ideas that I want to try next time. I am excited because in March Jessica and I are taking a photography workshop, so I should learn some new things then. We did have one mishap in the very beginning. Since Emma isn't standing on her own yet, I asked my mom to bring out one of the rocking chairs that my brother and I had when we were little. So we found what we thought was the perfect spot, set up the chair, placed Emma in it, and I started taking pictures. I got one picture taken and Emma slid off the chair and face planted in the dirt. She of course was very upset. She had a mouth full of dirt, dirt all in her hair and on her face, plus she had little scratches on her forehead, nose, and cheek! We got her cleaned up the best we could, gave her some water, and luckily she was ready to go again. Every shot after that, my mom was right there ready to catch her. There is even her arm and shadow in some of the pictures! Because of this too, I feel like for right now anyway, that I definitely need someone else to go with me to make sure Emma is safe.
In a hours worth of time, I took over two hundred pictures! It is a lot of work to go through them all. My hope was to get them edited and then put them up on the blog, but since I don't know what I am doing in Photo Shop, it is taking longer then I thought. So I thought I would just put these up (unedited) so you could see them!






















Last night Emma and I met up with the girls for our favorite combination of Sushi and Sweet Potato Fries. Of course the food was yummy and all the babies did well even though it was a late night. When we first got there, I think Emma was a little overwhelmed and we had major poutty lips and tears. But after she got use to everyone she was doing her famous wrinkle nose, talking, and smiling. Here are a couple of pictures before we left. I decided to let her hair be crazy and she wore this cute dress and green shoes my mom had gotten for her. You can see more pictures from the restaurant at Jessica's and Jenni's blog.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the pics with the chair!
jenni ; )