Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Little Random Things

We have been keeping busy with a little bit of everything. I was sick a couple of days last week and Emma and I had to miss out on a fun play date at the Children's Museum; but thankfully it doesn't look like I passed on what ever I had to her.
Emma's love of books has grown over the last couple of weeks, and we have been busy reading, reading, reading.
Emma learned to wave Sunday night. She started out by just raising one hand up. By the end of the night she was opening and closing her hand also. She hasn't been that excited about doing it the past couple of days. I think we need to have some visitors so she can wave to them!
She has also been very busy moving around the house and pulling up on everything. I try and let her explore as much as she can, but I am close by ready to snatch whatever it is she is putting in her mouth! Her crawl is still more like an army crawl then the traditional crawl. It is so funny because when she pulls herself, she always grunts. We keep telling her if she got up on all fours, she would have an easier time.
Here are some random pictures of things I have been able to catch her doing. Enjoy!



One of the best things about the weekends. After Emma eats breakfast, we wake Daddy up and snuggle in bed. The snuggling part only lasts about 5 minutes, because Emma is ready to explore and use our head board has a drum!


Since she is moving around very quickly, whenever I have to leave the room, I put her in the play pen. The other day I came around the corner and this is how I found her. Standing! This is the only time I have seen her do this. She is so tall, that being on her knees gets her high enough that I don't think she has a reason to stand!


Always crawling over to her toy box and playing with the toys inside.


The lighting isn't the best in this video, but it I thought it was so cute! My mom got her this glow worm, and when I brought it out tonight, she started kissing it! Emma is not one to give kisses easily. SHE decides when it is time for kisses and if we give her one when she doesn't want one, she will let us know!



And last but not least, the first signs of dancing came out last night. Again, with her moving around so much, I needed to find something to keep her entertained when I am in the kitchen cooking. We had gotten this toy for Aidan's first birthday, and Amanda said he loved it so I thought we would try it. It is very cute and every time the music would play, Emma would start bouncing.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Love that she is waving :)