Monday, August 31, 2009

What a Big Girl!

For the most part, Emma's car seat will fit in the top basket of shopping carts. Costco and Walmart seem to be the only stores we have trouble with. I usually put her car seat in the shopping basket, which is fine, but it is very hard to fit all the groceries we need. Usually Robert's soda and juice get left out. Last week our checker outer had mentioned that he had seen babies smaller then Emma in the top basket with one of the shopping cart covers. So off to Target we went to get one.
Today was the day we tried it out. I made sure I had a couple of her favorite toys, and parked next to the shopping carts just in case it didn't work, I could easily get her car seat out. I have to say Emma did really good! I tighten the straps as tight as I could, and just had to re-adjust her a couple of times in the store. She looked at all the different items on the shelves, and fiddled with her toys.
I, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck and didn't get half of the stuff on the list. Emma has been really interested in sitting up lately, but she doesn't last too long before she starts to get upset. So I wasn't sure how much time I would have. I think the only thing I will do differently next time is bring a couple of blankets or something I could use as a pillow. Towards the end, she was definitely leaning to the side and I think she was getting tired. I will still use her car seat when we run to target, but it is nice to know that know we have options!

1 comment:

bcolby said...

Yeah! This will buy you so much time at restaurants too! So much to see in this exciting world.