Saturday, August 8, 2009

3 Months!

Wow! It is hard to believe that Emma Grace is 3 months old today. She has left the newborn stage and has moved into babyhood. Last night Robert and I were talking about how this time 3 months ago we were trying to figure out if we needed to go to the hospital and call into work. It seems like forever ago!
Emma continues to make us smile every day. I am sure this is something that will never go away! She continues to grow bigger and stronger and is still working to master holding her toys. Her new things include kicking her legs non stop when she is on her back. When she does it, she starts huffing and puffing! I think she is also close to officially rolling over. She will teeter like she wants to, but hasn't quite made it all the way over yet. Naps are also starting to improve. I can lay her down and she will go right to sleep, it is just a question of when she wakes up is she really ready to get up, or does she still need more sleep. The little stinker will trick us and start smiling and kicking, but the second we bring her out to play she is so mad and grumpy! When that happens, back in the bed she goes and she will usually sleep for another hour. I think she is about to have a growth spurt, or discover something new developmentally. The last couple of night she has woken up which is unusual for her. She goes to bed around 8:30-9:00, and will sleep until 7. She is down to 4 1/2 bottles per day. I can't believe in another month we will think about adding cereal!
She has also started to become interested in the camera. So now, instead of smiling, she has to concentrate on the camera. As soon as I put the camera down, she is all smiles and coos. I will have to figure out how to get her to smile even with the camera. Since I couldn't get her to smile, I can't decide which picture I should use for her 3 month picture. I need a specific one for her scrapbook and a first year frame I have. So I am going to post a whole bunch of them and let me know which one is your favorite!
#1

#2


#3

#4

These aren't necessarily in the running... just pictures of our day today!


I'm going to get my keys and go to grandma's!


This is her new found skill. Every time she is in a dress, she spends more time lifting it up and putting it in her mouth!


I love her profile! Look at that cute little nose!


Look at those chubby cheeks!


This picture looks like she is done with me trying to take her picture!





Both Emma and the dogs have seem to have found a new interest in one another.

6 comments:

mombrackin said...

OK grandma's heart is about to burst. I need all of these pictures. I vote for 1 & 2. Please send 1 & 2 to my work so I can add as screen saver.

Sweet,Sweet baby girl....

Love you all.

mombrackin said...

Oh, I looked again maybe 4. Send all 4 to my work.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

I vote for #3 or the dress lifting up...too cute!!!


-Eliana & London

Jessica B said...

I love number 2 but I think 3 or 4 would be best for her book and frame since they show her size better.

Sophia is doing the same thing with the camera. The second I pick it up she won't quit staring at it.

Joseph and Cassie Herbst said...

My vote is #2- I just like that she is leaning forward- too cute!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I just love the fact that I gave her that dress at the Shower, Miss Scarlett has the same one. However, my vote is #4, but they are all adorable.