Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Home Made Project

Emma's room is still basically the same as it was the day we brought her home.  I love her room, just thought it was time to start making her room look like a little girl's room instead of a baby room.  I am not in any rush to move her out of her crib, so really no big changes can be made until we get a bed for her and get her fully potty trained so I can take out the changing table!
One of the things that I wanted for her room was a place to put pictures up of all her friends.  I didn't want really want one of those fabric memo boards, but something similar.  One of the blogs that I follow had a memo board that was made out of chicken wire and I thought it was cute.  Depending on the size, you could use it to hold mail, recipes, photos, hair bows, or even jewelry.
I have been looking on Etsy for them, but couldn't really find one that I liked well enough.  So I decide to try and make one.  I don't think I will be going into business making them any time soon, but I think it turned out well enough to serve it's purpose!

 I just bought a frame from Ikea, some chicken coop wire from Home Depot, and then with a staple gun, added the chicken wire to the frame.

 I spray painted some clothes pins to hold the photos and that's it!

And just in case any is wondering.....

Emma's plant is growing!  I am sure I need to pick some out to give more room, but I am scared I will kill the entire plant!  I think I will just leave them and see what happens!

No comments: