Monday, November 1, 2010

Last Week of October

It is hard to believe that October has come and gone.  It was a busy month, especially the last couple of weeks.  I have a feeling that the next couple of months are going to be just as busy with Christmas right around the corner!






















Jessica was able to take Wednesday off of work, so Emma and I met her and Sophia at the Sea Life Aquarium in Arizona Mills Mall.  You aren't suppose to use your flash, so this is about the only picture that turned out.  Also, Emma decided to RUN from tank to tank, so that didn't leave much time for picture taking!  We had a great time and as usual, it is always fun to get the girls together.  Jessica - Emma and I talked. And she thinks that you should always have Wednesdays off so she can see you and Sophia!

I had found some Halloween Stickers for Emma, so she was busy coloring and putting on stickers for her Halloween Picture.


















Halloween night started for us with Robert bbq-ing what else, but Cheeseburgers.  Emma normally has no problem eating hers, so I wasn't sure why she wasn't eating the meat.  She kept pointing to mine, and I kept trying to explain that it was the same thing she had, hers was just cut up.  After I was done with mine, I decided to give her what I had left to see what she would do.  Sure enough, that was the problem.  She didn't want hers cut up!  She put all of her "meat bites" on my plate and ate the cheeseburger like a big girl.  I guess she really isn't a baby anymore!

















After dinner, we quickly got dressed so I could attempt to take some pictures, drop some treats off for the neighbors, and then head over to Uncle Josh's and Aunt Christine's to trick or treat with Anna and Aiden.  Here is our little Lady Bug!

























We had some problems withe the antenna's fitting her head.  What I should have done, is cut them off, and then attached them to her pig tails.  But I didn't give myself enough time.  Oh well.  She was still adorable.

I wanted to get a picture with her holding her pumpkin bucket.  When I told her to get her pumpkin, this is what she got.






















Since this is the pumpkin she decided on, it was almost impossible to get her to hold her bucket.  (She isn't stubborn at ALL!!!)  Once I put the cookies for the neighbors in it, she became more interested, but only in what was inside it!
























Once we made it to The Brown House, this is how we were greeted...























The kids were adorable, but Emma wasn't too sure about Aiden's green face.  After about 5 minutes of crying and clinging, we were ready to go trick-or-treating!
Sadly, I don't have any pictures of trick-or-treating.  Anna and Aidan ran to each house, so it was all we could do just to try and keep up.  Emma did really well.  After the first person put something in her bucket, she had no problem walking and holding her bucket all by herself.  She loved looking at the lights and pumpkins in people's yard.  She would walk up to the door, but when someone came, she froze and wouldn't get any closer then about 2ft from the person.  After about 1 street, we went ahead and put her sweater on, and pushed her in the stroller the rest of the time.  As long as someone didn't come too close, she didn't seem to mind people being in costume.  We thought she would fall asleep, but once we got back to Josh's house and the kids dumped out her candy, she was ready to go.  I even broke down and let her have a lollipop.  Ok, Ok.  Daddy gave her a lollipop, and I wasn't about to take it away from her!


We had a great Halloween and hope everyone else did also!  It has been so much fun to look at everyone's pictures!!

2 comments:

Jessica B said...

What an adorable ladybug!!! I'm glad you guys had a good night.

I love the cheeseburger story. It is true...our babies are definitely growing up.

k and j said...

wowww. her costume is SO cute!!! i love the hamburger thing..too funny!!!