Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's Been Awhile!

I had full intentions of updating the blog a week ago.  Then, not much was going on, and I would have been happy to report no more hives.....Then this happened....


We were driving in the car eating some dried fruit snack mix, when I looked in the rear view mirror and saw this.  Honestly my heart stopped and immediately called her pediatrician.  Unfortunately all the pediatricians were in a lunch meeting and she wouldn't even be able to be seen until almost 2 hours later.  So then my next thought was to run into Target and get some Benadryl in her as quickly as I could.  I had my mom on the phone at this time trying to have her calm me down.  She told me just to go home.  By the time I got her out of the car, found the medicine, checked out, and got her back in the car, I could have been home.  So that is what I did.  The whole time this was going on, Emma was singing her ABC's!  She was completely fine.  I was just so worried that this was going to get worse and possibly affect her air way.  Luckily we made it home, I was able to get some Benadryl and Zyrtec in her, and 5 hours later, her face was back to normal.
I have no idea what caused it.  The snack mix had nuts in it, but she didn't eat any nuts.  So maybe she is going to have a severe reaction to nuts, and the fruit touching the nuts was enough to set her off.  She also had some mango, which she hasn't had since pureed baby food, so that is a possibility also.
We have an appointment with an allergist mid December.  I know the nurse practitioner there, so I was very thankful that they squeezed us in as soon as possible.
So for now we just wait, stay away from nuts, and take Benadryl and Zyrtec with us everywhere!

Other then that, not too much is going on.  I am busy taking pictures and getting ready to official launch my business, and Robert is in talks with his boss about buying the company from him.   Emma's playroom is coming along, with hopes of it getting done by the weekend.  I will post pictures when it is ready.  We are heading over to Robert's grandmother's house for Thanksgiving this year and looking forward to hopefully (he is on call) having Robert home for the long holiday weekend.  Our weekends plans include relaxing, a couple of photo sessions, and decorating!
Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

k and j said...

eeeek poor girlfriend!!