Friday, July 23, 2010

Didn't Win, but.....

The Vintage Pearl is the place where I get my personalized necklaces from. Erin does such nice work, and offers a good selection of different pieces. The other fun thing about Erin and her store, is that she is very good with her blog, and loves pictures like I do. I started following her blog while I was pregnant with Emma. So even though I have never met her before, I feel like I know her and her family!
Erin started out with her business as a online store. At one time, she was even going to let her jewelry making go, and open up a photography business. At about the same time she announced her photography business, her jewelry took off. So needless to say, the photography became her hobby and she has continued with her jewelry. It has grown so much over the last year and a half, that she is opening up her own store in Oklahoma. She held a contest since she was looking for 3 photographs, displaying her jewelry, to have on a wall in her shop. So of course I got out my necklace and camera and got busy! I really wanted a picture with Emma in it, but she was at an age where she was too little to understand "hold the necklace still", but too big to do some of the cute newborn poses. So instead, I got out some things of hers from when she was tiny. Some special stuffed animals, booties, hats, etc.
Erin announced the winners today, and even though I wasn't in the top three, my photo was shown on her blog as one of the favorites. You can check it out here. While you are there, check out her shop. So many cute things!

1 comment:

Jessica B said...

What a great pictures Kari. You definitely should have been one of the winners!