Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas! - Lot's of Pictures!

We had a great first Christmas with Emma Grace. It was a busy couple of days and I think we all are still trying to catch up on sleep! Christmas came a little early for me when Robert surprised me with my new camera! I have been wanting a digital SLR for a couple of years now, and wasn't sure when I was going to be able to get one. Robert ignored the "budget Christmas" I thought we were doing and got me one. I was so excited when it got here the day before Christmas Eve so I could have it for all our Christmas pictures. I am also very lucky that Jessica was willing to share her photography class she took with me. It is going to take a lot of learning before I can change it from the automatic settings! Also because the camera is bigger, I have to do some different things to get photos posted to the blog. Because of this, I didn't post all the pics I wanted to....but don't worry, there is still a lot!


My new camera!


Christmas Eve we headed over to my mom's house for our traditional Mexican Feast. We were lucky enough this year that Jessica and Sophia came over to celebrate with us since Matt had to work. It was neat to see Emma and Sophia experiencing Christmas together. I think it should be a new tradition that Matt, Jessica, and Sophia always comes over Christmas Eve. I guess that means you can't move!!


The girls enjoying each others shoes!


Opening their first present! They got....


Matching pajamas from Jessica. They were so cute and it was such a good idea that Jessica had. Thanks for the pajamas Jessica!


Surrounded by paper.


Thanks Shelly for thinking of Emma. She loves her new toy!


Christmas morning we enjoyed a quick morning just the three of us opening presents. Emma and I had on our Christmas pajamas, and I am so sad I didn't get a picture of the two of us.


New books!


Excited to open presents....or rip paper!


New sorting blocks!


Her stocking was full of bath toys!


Checking out her new phone


Christmas morning we managed to see all three families, and ended the night at Robert's Dad's House where Emma was very smiley, we had fun playing croquet, and had a yummy turkey dinner with all the fixings!


Not quite sure who or what this look was to!


I hadn't played croquet since I was little. We had a lot of fun!


Even though the wrapper was still on, I think she was still able to get a taste of the Candy Cane


Silly girl!


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

bcolby said...

You will LOVE your Canon digital SLR, I have a very similar camera and it's by far one of my most favorite thing I've ever owned. Let me know if you need any help :)