Sunday, July 19, 2009

Trying New Things

This week as been full of us trying new things with Emma. She has really started liking sitting up more then laying down. Even when she is laying down, she is trying to sit herself up. Since she gets in moods where she doesn't want to lay down, she doesn't always want to play with her fish mat. So this is a new way for her to play with it!



We are also still struggling when it comes to naps. My friend Becky told me that her little girl, Carly, loved to sleep with something soft by her face. So out came one of Emma's smaller stuffed animals. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be doing the trick, but she sure does look cute holding it! I am going to give it a couple more days, and then I think I am going to have to resort to just letting her cry it out. (Have I said that before? Can you tell I am avoiding?!)
Also notice that she is just in her crib? She moves her arms and legs a lot while she sleeps. Her arms and legs have gotten long enough that she hits the sides of her little bed when she moves them. So now she is just in her crib where she has more room to move around. She looks so tiny in it compared to how she looked in her other bed! She did really well sleeping in it last night. The only problem is, when I went in to give her her pacifier first thing this morning (trying to get just a little more sleep time out of her) she had thrown it across the room! In her little bed, it kept everything very confined!
Emma also got to have her first taste of pear juice. She has been having some issues with constipation and the pediatrician recommended trying 2 ounces 1-2x a day. We did it for the first time yesterday, and had great results today. No tears! Now we just have to try to figure out the right amount and combination of days to keep things easy for her.
This picture doesn't really go with this post, but I thought it was so cute how her legs are up and almost crossed. It really makes it look like she is just hanging out watching TV!

2 comments:

k and j said...

Haha, she is adorable!! I love seeing you get creative with her toys. I SO remember those days! I wish I had advice about the whole sleeping thing, that's a hard one. Maybe I will have to learn a thing or two with this next little guy. Griff was so EASY.

bcolby said...

She looks so cute holding that stuffed animal! Having something specific that she's attached to is wonderful for self-soothing, esp when the binky goes (that's what our doc said). Hang in there, consistent naps can be HARD! Funny how all of our education and experience can't always bail us out of hard stuff with our babies.

Becky and Carly