Sunday, July 12, 2009

A New Hobby?

After I saw this....





I became obsessed with the idea that this is what I want Emma to wear on her first birthday. After looking up the tutu, bib, and hat, it was going to cost us a small fortune. I don't have the bib and hat figured out yet, but I was sure there was some way for me to make the tutu. (They all said hand made). So after doing some exploring on the Internet, I found instructions on how to make them.
Robert had to work on Saturday, so my mom came over to see Emma and for us to play with making tutus. It is a little time consuming, but pretty easy to do. After making one, we have some ideas on how we want to try the next one to see the difference. We were able to figure out how to make one that would fit length wise for Emma now, as well as when she is older. The one I made for her is too big for her little waist, and she wasn't happy about modeling, but you get the idea!
On a quick side note...mom played with the left over ribbon and her new job is to make bows for Emma's hair!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I think every little girl needs a tutu...Carly has a pink one and a purple one. Don't you just love having a little girl? :)

Becky and Carly

Jessica B said...

Emma looks so cute in her tutu. I am definitely going to have to come over for a lesson so I can make one for Sophia.