Friday, July 3, 2009

Changes and Ways to Save Money

Well it is official. I have the best and most important job in the world - taking care of Emma...and as of yesterday it is my only job. I turned in my resignation at Phoenix Children's. I wasn't sure how people would take the news. Especially with me not coming back for a little bit after maternity leave, but everyone was extremely supportive and understanding. The day was definitely filled with mixed emotions. But I have to admit, the happiness because I get to stay home with Emma Grace was stronger then the sadness of leaving.
While I was cleaning out my desk, I was inducted into the "poop explosion club". Emma got a little fussy so I checked on her and there was poop everywhere! All over her leg, her outfit, and her car seat. It was quite the adventure! I cleaned everything up the best I could there, and then went to my mom's work to clean up the rest. Mom treated us to lunch at Paradise Bakery to celebrate our new adventure.
This will be the first time in a LONG time that I will be with out a job and a pay check. Which leads me to the second part of the title. I stumbled across this blog which is great. She has ways to get free samples, coupons, and tells you about great deals. The other thing I really liked is she tells you exactly how she used the coupons so you can get the best deal. It has become one of my new favorites!

2 comments:

k and j said...

I am terrified about not having a paycheck someday! I am going back part time after my maternity leave with this one but I will need to stay home and be a Mom someday! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of the poop club...there may be another initiation in the near future :) Congrats on staying home-you DO have the most important job in the world! Enjoy that sweet baby.

Becky and Carly