Tuesday, February 3, 2009

House Projects and Glucose Testing

So kind of a random title, but that explains what has been going on in our house the last couple of weeks. Robert has been working hard making speaker stands, a new desk, and we FINALLY got Emma's room cleaned out! We are now ready for paint and furniture. Very exciting!
Before:

New Speaker Stands!!!! (The wires will be hidden during the next project!)



New Desk!

Not the best picture, but it is the cleaned out room before it becomes the nursery!
I went and had my glucose test yesterday. I had heard horror stories about it, so I wasn't looking forward to it. I had to drink a VERY sugary drink in 5 minutes, wait an hour, and then have blood work done. The drink was not the best, but it helped that it was a thin liquid rather then a thick chalky one like I thought. The worse part was how I felt after. I felt so sick to my stomach. The whole time I was waiting, I was thinking "don't throw up or you will have to start all over again". But when I got home, I kept thinking that if I only could throw up, I would feel better. I was never able to get sick, so finally I just went to bed. We should get the results back next week, so hopefully it will be fine and I won't have to do it again!
On another random note, Robert has worked late the last couple of nights, and they have gone out on a handful of new unit estimates. Hopefully the will get these estimates, and work will continue to pick up!
We are gearing up for a busy weekend! Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

k and j said...

I can't wait to see the nursery! Yuck I hated the glucose test :( Not looking forward to that!! Blahh! By the way, you are still small and cute!