Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Quick Update

Hey everyone!
We had our 15 week doctor's appointment today and everything went great. The doctor was very pleased with all the results and progress so far. He said the baby has a perfect, strong heart beat! We even got to hear the baby move. It sounded like someone kicking a microphone. I have decided that the baby doesn't like it when I go in for ultra sounds and when we listen for the heart beat. I never feel the best afterwards and I think hearing the baby kick the instrument said it all today. At 15 weeks this baby is already letting us know what he/she doesn't like. We may be in for trouble!
When I go in for my appointments I always see a different doctor. This practice has the belief that you never know who is going to be on call when you go into labor, so they want you to see everyone at least once. I really liked the doctor we saw today. He was a little quirky, but really nice and personable. He said that he believes in due months, not due dates. So he said that this baby could come anytime between April 18 and May 18. Meaning that if I was to go into labor before April 18, they would try to stop it, and if it hadn't happened by May 18 they would start it. It was kind of shocking to hear the baby could come as Early as April, but I really think that as long as we are ready by May 1, we will be ok!
Our next appointment is a big one! We will make sure that everything finished developing correctly, take measurements, and if the baby is cooperating, we will find out if this is a boy or a girl! It will also probably be the last time we get to see our baby before the big day! The appointment is set for December 17. What a great early Christmas present it will be!
Hope everyone is having a good week!!

1 comment:

k and j said...

I am SOOOOOO excited to find out what it is!!! Ahhhh! Griff was naughty when we did ultrasounds and what not too. Haha. Maybe it's a boy!