Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weekend Happenings

Things were pretty quite at the Green house this weekend. We took advantage of Robert having the weekend off and got massages on Saturday. Robert has never had a massage before and with his work schedule is back has gotten pretty sore. He has heard that the deep tissue massage leaves you sore the next day and he knew he didn't want that. We both signed up for the relaxation/sweedish massage but Robert asked for most of the time to be on his back. The girl that massaged Robert was kind of tiny and he thought there was no way she could hurt him. Mine decided to tell me how dehydrated I was, and Robert's told him that his muscles were very tight and he had lots of knots. Her suggestions were for him to take up Yoga and us to get a hot tub. Can you imagine Robert taking Yoga?! (We got our massages together so we could each hear each other's suggestions.) Even though the girl that did Robert was little, she definitely put her weight behind her massage. There were a couple of times that Robert thought for sure she was using her foot and elbow on him. Needless to say he has a nice bruise on his back. I didn't think bruising was a part of massages, but he is ready to go back and get another. He is even thinking of trying the deep tissue one!
After we got our massages we came back home and relaxed for a little bit. Later that night we went and had dinner and drinks at Outback.
Sunday we both had big plans of laundry, mowing, and scrapbooking....but that turned into 3 loads of laundry, Robert working on the company website, reading, and watching TV. We were both feeling pretty lazy. We did have an unexpected visitor however. When I went to pick up the sheets to put in the washing machine a scorpion feel out of the sheets and landed on my foot. I was talking to my mom on the phone at the time and started yelling for Robert to come and get it. I was scarred that the dogs would get stung so I threw them on top of the bed. Robert finally made it into the room with a plastic container and some chop sticks and caught the scorpion. I just wanted it out of the house so I didn't even think of taking a picture of it! Robert took it down the street and let it go in a field. Needless to say I told Robert he was in charge of doing the laundry today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yikes! scorpions freak me out!

k and j said...

Cute blog!! It is fun to see you!