Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday Fun

My mom, grandma, and my mom's best friend since childhood, Shelly came over today. Shelly had been wanting to see the house so we had an early birthday celebration for Robert. Everyone in my family HATES having their picture taken, so I knew I couldn't take their pictures for our blog...but I had every intention of taking pictures of the yummy food. But when it came down to it, I forgot. Oh well.
Robert got a couple of gift certificates to Home Depot which he is already anxiously making plans for how to use them. We had ribs with all the sides for lunch and of course cupcakes for dessert. Mom and Shelly looked through the wedding pictures trying to make decisions which ones they wanted. Grandma got overwhelmed looking at all them and told mom to just take care of it for her and she spent the day with JD on the couch.
The puppies actually did really well. They barked very little and JD even let grandma pet him! He fell asleep on her lap! We were very happy that they are getting better with visitors.
Robert is on call this weekend and wound up getting a call at 6 tonight. So he is out working and I am finishing up one of my scrapbooks.
I'm still planning on making the Reese's peanut butter cake for Robert's birthday on Monday..but a little nervous about how it will turn out. I will take pictures of the final product and post them! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: