Sunday, July 27, 2008

House Updates

We have been in our new house for almost 6 months now. Things are slowly but surely getting done. We have our list of major projects that we would like to do, but we will have to do them one thing at a time. The first major project we will take on will be the backyard. Right now it is just a dirt lot! Once the weather starts to cool and Robert isn't working so much, we will install sprinkles, grass, and a couple of trees. I am hinting at a fire pit also! Here are some pictures of some of things we have added. Mostly just decorative. We had nothing at the town house so it has been an experience trying to decorate an entire house from scratch. I am sure my in-decisiveness didn't add to it either!!



We now have grass in our front yard!! Robert worked very hard to get the grass growing. He says it was all the talking, singing, and love he gave it!


We also discovered that the bush in the front yard has purple flowers!!! They bloom every morning and then fall off during the middle of the day.



The first major purchase that we bought was our bedroom set. When it first got delivered I was worried that it was way to big! But now I really like it and I'm thinking there is even enough room still to add a chair in the corner!





I have also been working on getting the kitchen decorated. We have a good start to our(my) Italian kitchen! Eventually we will tile the floor, re-finish the cabinets (I think I want them to be darker), and possibly even make the counter tops granite. And of course no kitchen is complete with out a KitchenAid mixer!!



(notice the ugly cheap gold light fixture? They are all through out the house! They will be going away very soon!)


We have one VERY large wall behind the couch that has taken awhile to figure out what do with. We have had many loving conversations about what will work on that wall! (Even to the point of doing research on the web to prove our points!) We are in the process of putting shelves, pictures, and shadow boxes on the wall. We only have one set up right now and need/plan to get more!

JD making sure the shelves are level!
Added to the list: A new couch!

2 comments:

Jessica B said...

Things look great Kari. It has come a long way since I was there last. I'm glad Robert finally agreed to the shelves and frames on the wall :)

Anonymous said...

Your house is awesome! I love the grass : ) and I LOVE your bedroom furniture, it is all so cool. I cannot wait to have a bbq at your pad! Thx for sharing all of the great pics.
jenni