Thursday, February 9, 2012

Updates!

Now that the big announcement is out, I can fill you all in on what has been going on!  We found out I was pregnant the week of Christmas, so it was a great early Christmas present!  I am 12 weeks, and happy to be out of my first trimester!
It has been a very different pregnancy so far then I had with Emma.  (This is helping Robert to think that we are having a boy!).  With Emma, I was nauseous and couldn't think about food.  Going to the grocery store was horrible!  This time around, I haven't had any nausea and have actually wanted to eat.  I am a little nervous since this had already lead to weight gain, but if it is what the baby needs, then so be it!  Except for a couple of things, it really hasn't been a horrible first trimester.
I had my 12 week doctor appointment on Wednesday and everything look goods.  The baby's heart beat was a strong 152 beats per minute.  We have decided to not do the genetic screening this time around.  (We did with Emma.)  We are not high risk, and I have known several people that have gotten false positives that something was wrong.  So we feel there is no reason to add possible stress and worry when it is not needed.  We will find out again if this is a little boy or girl.  We should have our big ultrasound in 6 weeks.
Emma will talk about the baby in my tummy, and goes to all of my doctor's appointments, so she knows the baby is there, but I don't think it has really sunk in since I don't have the belly yet.  She will say the baby is getting bigger and bigger and then will come out.  But if you ask her if she WANTS a baby sister or brother, she says "I don't want either of those". 
I haven't taken any belly photos yet.  As soon as I start to get a little more round, I will be back with a picture!

3 comments:

Kelsie Hickman said...

Congrats Kari! What exciting news!!

k and j said...

So excited for pregnancy updates bcuz they are my fave!!

bcolby said...

Great news for you guys! And EAT UP, that's the best part about pregnancy!

Glad you're feeling good :)