Wednesday, February 29, 2012

An Exciting Day!

It IS an exciting day today, but also a day with just a hint of sadness.  We registered Emma for preschool!  I am so excited for her to start school and experience everything that comes with it.  (She is also VERY excited to start school) But I am also a little sad and in disbelief that my baby is old enough to start school!
In August, Emma will go to Ahwatukee Preschool.  This is the preschool that I went to, my brother went to, and even my cousins attended.  Not only that, but my mom taught there for 10 years, and then I taught there while I went to ASU.  It is a great program that focuses on development of the whole child - socially, emotionally, intellectually and physically.  It is apart of Mountain View Lutheran Church, and they will have chapel talks once a  month.  The school is also peanut free, so I won't have to worry about that yet!
The 3 year old class is on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 3 hours each day.  Not sure if she will go in the morning or the afternoon yet.  If we are able to move closer into town, then she will more then likely be in the morning program.
August will be a busy and fun month with school shopping, starting school, and the arrival of Baby Green.  It is already worked out that my Mom will take Emma to school if I am in the hospital.  I want to make sure she doesn't miss the official first day of school!

No comments: