Friday, August 12, 2011

The Aquarium and Shoe Shopping

Yesterday, Emma and I met my Mom, Shelly, and Shelly's niece Scarlett at Sea Life Aquarium.  With the majority of kids back in school, we pretty much had the Aquarium to ourselves.  The girls had a great time pointing out all the fish and watching them swim overhead.  They ask you not to use your flash when taking pictures, so I didn't take a lot, but I thought these were pretty cute of the girls.







I have been noticing a lot more lately that Emma's feet roll in.  I wasn't that surprised since my feet do it also.  It is something called Caylor.  It isn't a huge deal, but can lead to knee and hip problems as you age.  Emma should still be able to do sports, dance, tumble, whatever she wants.  Once she gets a little older, I am sure we will have to get some inserts made to go inside her shoes to help push her feet up.  But until then, I figured it was time to get her some better shoes.  She pretty much lives in flip flops and ballet flats.  Neither gives her much support.  Since we were "in town", I wanted to run to Chandler Mall so I could go to their Stride Rite store.  Mom came with us and helped me pick out shoes.  They told me that Emma's feet are still developing, so I didn't want to get anything yet that had actual arch support.  But she did tell me what to look for that would give her the best support right now.  So the days of getting $10 shoes at Target are over, and the majority of shoe shopping will be done at Stride Rite, Nike, and Sketchers.  We will still wear the cute ballet flats and sandals, but will save them for special occasions.

 New Tennis Shoes

Our new "everyday slip on" shoes

We had a great day yesterday, and we are home today being lazy.  We have a new adventure ahead in that Robert's last day at his old job was yesterday.  We are hopeful that his new place of employment will be better for us both right now and  will get him/us where we want to be in the future!

No comments: