Sunday, August 22, 2010

BBQ Weekend

Robert got a new BBQ for his birthday, so we decided to have the Brown Family come over and break in the new grill by having a huge bbq.  As most of you know, we can't seem to do anything small when it comes to buying new things.  This grill is no exception.  It is a charcoal grill, gas grill and smoker all in one.  Our menu for today was just as big!  We decided to grill chicken, ribs, corn on the cob, and then I would make home made bake beans.
Emma and I headed to Costco on Friday to get all the yummy food.  While we were there I found this adorable petti skirt that Emma just had to had.  It was a good price, plus I told myself that I could use it when I started my photography business, so because of this, it found its way into our cart!











































The smallest size the skirts came in where a 2T, so Emma should be able to get lots of use out of it!

Back to the BBQ.  Our day didn't go as we had planned.  Robert is on call this weekend, and as soon as he got the ribs out to season, his phone range.  The lady didn't care what she had to pay, she wanted him out today.  Since the ribs needed  hours to cook, and the temperature had to stay just right, we decided to hold off on the ribs and just have the chicken.  Robert got back home in plenty of time to cook the chicken, but while the grill was warming, his phone went off again.  He told the guy that it would be several hours before he could get out there, so at least we got to eat and see the Browns, bur Robert had to run out as soon as we were done.
Everything turned out really good.  Grilled Corn on the Cob is my new favorite and my first attempt at home made baked beans was a success.  I am so sad that I forgot to take a picture of the beans.  I got the recipe from the Pioneer Woman, and highly suggest it!
Here are a couple of pictures from our night!






















This is how we started, but Emma wouldn't leave her headband in, so we changed to her normal bow.






























































Aiden has a way of finding any toy, no matter how well I think it is hidden.  He found one of Emma's pool toys, and brought it out.  After they left, this is what she did.































I think Robert has decided to make grilling his new hobby, so I am sure there will be many more bbques to come.  Especially when the weather cools off.  I think we will just have to stick to nights that he is not on call!

No comments: