Friday, March 5, 2010

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures

Yesterday Emma and I headed over to pick up my Grandma and take her to the zoo. The weather was perfect and it was so nice to be outdoors. For some reason a lot of the animals decided not to be out, be we still had a great time.
Before we headed to the zoo, I wanted to try and get some pictures of Emma in Grandma's yard. For the past several years, every spring, Grandma and Grandpa's backyard becomes covered in California Poppies. It looks like a field of wild flowers. It was something that Grandpa looked forward to each year, and is something else that brings happy memories for Grandma. The flowers are getting less and less each year, so taking Emma's picture with them is something I really wanted to do.
I also used the day as a way to practice with the settings on my camera. I definitely had the wrong exposure on several pictures, but it also gave me the opportunity to practice editing in Photo Shop. I also played with some artistic effects to see what they would do. On my computer screen, I think they look ok. I have no idea what will happen when I print out. I have been reading and a lot of people talk about getting calibrated monitors so the colors on their screen match what will be printed. All of this stuff to learn and think about!




Since the flowers have special meaning in our family, I wanted to make it stand out.





Normal color....


An artistic action I'm playing with




Another action...

2 comments:

Amanda Yant said...

all these pictures are so beautiful Kari....and your Grandma is so cute with Emma....just love them :-)

Jenni said...

Kari--
Those pics are great!!!
I am so proud of you.
jenni