Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Not Exactly What it Looks Like...


The thing of concern lately at our house is that Emma is not crawling. Wait. Let me rephrase that. ROBERT has been very concerned that Emma isn't showing any signs of crawling. She rolls all around, (to the point that she will end up on the other side of the room!) she scoots, impressively reaches for and figures out how to get objects just out of reach, and moves her legs like crazy. Because of all of this I am really not that concerned about it. I have tried to reassure Robert that she is just fine, and crawling has even been taken off of some developmental check lists because more and more babies aren't crawling first. Still he is concerned.
So I decided I was going to try and "teach" Emma to crawl. I know I am kidding myself, but we have gotten to the point that when she is on her knees, she stays up and even rocks back and forth. Of course we yell and clap "yay Emma!". But the only way she gets on her knees is if I put her there. She won't do it on her own. Jessica says (talking about Sophia) "we have one baby that can crawl, and one baby that can eat solid food." My mom says they make the perfect pair. One can go and get the food, and the other can eat it. The more I think about that, it doesn't really make sense. How is Sophia going to eat? I guess Emma can be like the mommy bird and chew it up for her, but that is kind of gross!
Speaking of food....Emma had dinner for the first time with us. I made pot roast with carrots and potatoes for the first time, and then made some green beans to go along with it. I figured everything would be soft enough for her to try some. It was a little salty for my taste, and I think Emma agreed with me. Some bites she would like, and others not so much. I will have to look for a different recipe to try next time.

1 comment:

k and j said...

Griff never crawled on all fours. He rolled and scooted and then walked at 10 months ahhh.