Saturday, November 7, 2009

Making Strides

We had a very early start to our morning today so we could meet up with Sophia and Jessica to walk in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk. It was a 5k that was held at Tempe Town Lake. The weather was great and it was nice to walk through out Tempe and around the lake. It was amazing to see how many people participated and all the groups walking together. It was fun to read all the cute slogans on the team shirts. Emma showed her support by wearing pink everything - a pink outfit, pink bow, pink socks, and even pink tennis shoes!
For having to be woken up this morning both girls did very well. We got lots of comments about how cute they were. It is so funny. Whenever Jessica and I are out with the girls, we always get asked if we are sisters. Everyone thinks that it is so neat that the girls are so close in age, and it would be even better if Jessica and I were sisters. Today we even got asked if they were twins! I am wondering if that person did some pre-race celebrating!
Sophia and Emma haven't seen each other in a while and there were several parts of the day that they were "petting" each other and playing with the others hands. It was pretty cute. We have to get these girls together more often!

Ready to start walking!

Sophia was extremely smiley even with it being an early morning!

Ready to start! (This is the first picture that I have looked at and noticed how red her hair is!)

Quick pit stop

Ready to get moving!


After the race...We spent 45 minutes in the parking garage trying to get out!




After the race we stopped by Paradise Bakery for some Brunch. Emma looks like she is trying to get away in this picture! Really she is just sliding around, that chair was slippery!


Emma was very interested in my water. So I let her have a drink. She did pretty good. I think it is time to get out the sippy cup!!




1 comment:

Jessica B said...

Great pictures! I didn't even realize that you took a picture when I was feeding her. I had a great time this morning. We definitely need to get the girls together more often. Hopefully it will work out for me to come your way Wednesday.