Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a great time celebrating Emma's first Thanksgiving! We were all very thankful for a healthy beautiful daughter/granddaughter/great granddaughter/niece/etc to spend it with. We spent the day over at my Aunts house and had all the fixings. They have a beautiful backyard, so we usually spend the holiday outside playing cards, pool, darts, horse shoes, and just enjoying the weather. Since it was in the 80's yesterday, we spent most of our time inside, but still had a great time!


Emma got this cute bib from my mom. I don't have a picture of the whole bib, but it says "Baby's First Thanksgiving". (My mom also got her this dress!)
Emma had Turkey and Sweet Potatoes for Thanksgiving. It was her first time eating Turkey, and I don't think she really liked it. Never sure of new tastes!
She did like her teething biscuit though! She ate that while the rest of us finished our Thanksgiving meal.
She loves paper right now. So when grandma came over with her napkin, she dropped her biscuit and wanted that napkin!
Very interested in great grandma's buttons.


Emma and my Aunt Jan


Playing with grandma

Dipping her feet in the pool. The water was a little chilly!


Everybody gave my mom a very hard time about taking pictures, but we are glad to have them!



All the cousins



The girls


The guys
My brother Darren and his girlfriend Jackie
Just the 3 of us!
She was fascinated by the trees!
After Emma went to bed, we ended the day with homemade tamales and watched a movie! The plan for today is to decorate for Christmas!!!
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Jessica B said...

Great pictures. I love Emma's dress. It looks like you got a good picture of the three of you.