Thursday, May 7, 2009

Big Numbers, But Doesn't Necessarily Mean Much

I just got back from my doctor's appointment. I am 4 cm dilated and 90% effaced! I would think that with these numbers I could be having her tonight, but the doctor said that unfortunately there is still just no way to tell. He said that she is definitely trying to do something, but there is always the possibility of things just stopping. He said that if I make it to my next appointment on Thursday, they would schedule me to be induced. With these numbers and the fact that I have started having contractions and cramping, I would like to think I won't make it to Thursday, but I guess we will just have to wait and see!

4 comments:

k and j said...

OH MY. You sound WAY close to me!! I want to hear about the birth asap!! Who knows, she might even be here now :)

Fisher Family said...

It doesn't sound like there is much longer to go! Hang in there Kari...I am so excited to see pictures of your sweet Emma.

Jamie said...

I hear that little Emma was born! Congrat's and can't wait to see pictures and here the story!! Miss you! That means you also got to celelbrate your first mother's day!!

k and j said...

SHE WAS? Nooooo way?? Post the story as soon as you can Kari, yippeee!!