Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Wow! What a busy week it has been! Our Christmas was a very busy but nice one. We started with the traditional Mexican food and Margaritas and my mom's house Christmas Eve, and then Christmas day we managed to make it back to my mom's in the morning, then to Robert's Uncle's to see his mom, dinner with Robert's Dad, and then we even made it over to Josh and Christine's to see the kids. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of actual Christmas. I know that will change next year with our little one!
Here is a picture of our little Christmas Tree.


I really like our little tree. It is our first Christmas Tree and we got it back when we were living in the Town House. As much as I like it, I am thinking that it is time to get a bigger one!
Another kind of unexpected thing that happened this week is we got a new couch! We have talked about getting a new one for awhile. We saw a good advertisement in the Sunday ads and off we went to look at it. We wound up finding one that we liked and it was delivered Christmas Eve day. We love it! It is so comfy. It is a sectional with a chaise lounge, micro-suede, and chocolate brown. We also got a rocker/recliner. The only thing we weren't expecting is how BIG it is! It takes up one whole wall in our house! Furniture always looks so much smaller in the store! (We had the same problem when we bought our bedroom furniture!) Oh well. The good thing is, is that we have plenty of room for people to sit when they come over!
Before...
After...


Unfortunately, the recliner didn't come in a chocolate color. The colors are a little off in the pictures. They don't look so far off from each other. But I am also going to look for a light weight blanket the color of the chair for the couch to help tie the two together. We will also look for a different coffee table that goes a little better. We just didn't see one that we liked.
As far as everything on the baby front, things are moving right along. We will take a new belly picture this week and I will get it posted. I am now 21 weeks and feeling good. She definitely lets me know that she is there and we are pretty sure that Robert has gotten to feel her also. I think he is still waiting for the big strong kick so he knows for sure what he is feeling. I don't think I mentioned it in the last post, but we already have her name picked out. It is Emma Grace. Emma got lots of cute things for Christmas. She is not even here yet, but this little girl already has so many cloths and cute hair bows! It's so fun to think about what she will look like in all this cute stuff!
That's about all that is going on here for now. We had a great 5 days off of work and we are sad that we have to go back to work tomorrow. The bright spot is, it is another short work week! We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

k and j said...

Nice new couch and I LOVE her name!! Awwww. Very cute. Can't wait to see the new belly pic!